General Manager, ICT, SkyCity Adelaide
Stephan Fourie is the General Manager, ICT, SkyCity Adelaide and is accountable for ICT, Audio Visual and Surveillance Technical across both the new EOS by SkyCity building and the historic Railway station building.
Stephan is part of the group ICT Leadership team for SkyCity Entertainment group across Australia and New Zealand and also part of the Senior Leadership Team for SkyCity Adelaide.
Before joining SkyCity Adelaide in March 2016 Stephan served as Group Infrastructure Manager for Ardent Leisure on the Gold Coast.
In this role, Stephan was accountable for all of ICT across Dreamworld, White Water World, Goodlife Health Clubs Australia, AMF Bowling and Kingpin Bowling.
Outside of work Stephan is an avid sports enthusiast who loves all types of sport and is heavily involved in Swimming South Australia.
Stephan also enjoys running marathons and Ultra marathons having completed 69 marathons and 21 Ultra marathons
Presentation: Challenges and Solutions – Commissioning a new digital building during a pandemic
During this session Stephan will be talking about the challenges he and his team faced with commissioning Adelaide’s first luxury 6 star Hotel and Casino complex during the pandemic and how they overcame these challenges.
Some of the technologies implemented were:
- Building Management system with control of every guest touchpoint from Temperature Control, Do Not Disturb, Make Up Room, Guest specific Lighting and Welcome scenes
- iPad in every room with the ability to order Inroom Dining or extra pillows, control the lights, open or close the blinds and be a digital compendium
- Keyless: The ability for guests to use their mobile phone to open the room doors instead of the traditional Hotel key card
- IPTV with the largest amount of TV channels and movies for any Hotel in Adelaide with the ability for guests to also cast their own device to the TV
- Audio Visual integrations with IPTV and background music in lifts, lobbies, passages, gaming areas, restaurants and bars
- 400+ Wifi Access points on Cisco DNA Spaces to enable analytics around customer behaviour
The list goes on. If you want to hear more about this exciting project, what technologies were implemented and the challenges faced then make sure you don’t miss this session
BABOK V3 Alignment: To be advised