Founder, SmartBA Pty Ltd
James is a member of IIBA , a CPA and also a Fellow of the Governance Institute.
Presentation: Sustainable Business Organisations. What can Business Analysts do to influence strategy, transform & build organisational frameworks and measure sustainability of an organisation?
There is a building trend for Organisations to move to a Sustainable Business Operating Model.
So What Can we as Business Analysts do to help deliver Business Process & Practice to help enable this transformation?
– What can a BA do to influence and shape an organisations strategy
– Influencing Business Leaders to recognise Business Analysis is fundamental to change & Success -How does the BA position themselves to be a part of this
– What are the questions that need to be asked
The Current State
– Where does the organisation sit now.
– Its values, inputs, operational processes, and customer interactions
The Operating Framework
– An outcome from a GAP analysis that impacts stakeholders across an organisation
The Future Desire
– Aligning the Future State to the Organisational Strategic Goals
– We will explore the various Techniques that carry real weight for the BA and raise their level of influence through thoughtful and data-driven analysis & resultant recommendations. This would include Assessing Enterprise Limitations & Measuring Solution Performance
The Reporting Framework
– There are frameworks and sustainability measurement protocols which can be incorporated into an Organisation.
– Technical and process driven requirements analysis
Opportunities for Business Analysts
– Whole sets of skills will need to be adapted and changed if necessary
– The industries that will change and where a BA fits in.